Sep 3, 2010

Ciao Bellas!!


Well folks I have officially "lived"!
Tonight I bought some gelto from an Italian cutie who said "ciao bellas"! But we heard more then just a complement! When we approached the counter we were greeted with a friendly, “ciao! Where are you ladies from?” “Chicago”, we replied as we perused the many flavors of gelato. “Are you sisters?” the man asked. “No.” we replied…“Are you loooovers?” he asked! I shook my head no as I came down with a serious case of the giggles, jess just smiled and said "nnno no!" in Italian, which by the way, “No” is pretty much the same in every language! But apparently my hysteric giggling confused the guy so he asked us another 3 times just to make sure!?! Leaving the plaza with fresh gelato in hand we heard, "ciao bellas!" from the man behind the counter, followed by... " ciao lovers"!! 
All we could do was laugh, eat our gelato and walk the OTHER direction!! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment